1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone heard about another buyout at Dallas morn news; Chip Brown to Rivals?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by fleaflicker, Jul 18, 2008.

1. fleaflicker

fleaflicker Member

???

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not a buyout. He just went.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting if they fill this position or just cover the Longhorns from Dallas.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Have heard their other main college writer, Brian Davis, has been taken off A&M to help cover the Cowboys. Be interesting to see what they do with their college coverage.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

DMN will most definitely have a writer in Austin covering the Horns. If they ask I could even tell them who to call. And no, it's not me.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

But you would be willing, right? Cause, you know, it could be arranged...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The guy I'm thinking of is a lot better choice than me.

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

And that person is......?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

HIRED!

10. Davis filled Albert Breer's spot after he left for The Sporting News. I'm not sure if Davis' replacement has been figured out yet.

Brown will stay in Austin and will continue to do his radio show. There's no doubt in my mind that the DMN will have someone in Austin. No telling who, but I can pretty much promise you it will be a promotion from within.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

What I heard was they wanted Brown to cover the entire Big 12 South on his own. And whoever replaces Brown will be asked the same. I'm not so sure the DMN will have someone in Austin and not also have someone assigned to A&M.
    After all, the DMN decided not to staff Tuesday's All-Star game even with four Rangers on the roster and Hamilton in the HR hitting contest. DMN also didn't send golf writer Bill Nichols to the British, which they've always done in the past.

12. Whether or not they wanted Brown to cover the entire Big 12 south, I don't know. But I'm sure he got a sweet raise by going to Rivals.

Draft saved Draft deleted