1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone have Aflac?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 27, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They just came into my work and gave a presentation. If anyone has a plan with Aflac, please share your thoughts!

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that duck is really annoying. that's all i can share about aflac.

but seriously, all of insurance is like a gamble. i'll gamble that i don't need to spend anything on it. i know of only one person in my life who could have benefited from that supplemental disability insurance. i don't know of anyone else who has become so disabled that they can't work for months at a time. (knock on wood...i'll probably get hit by a bus tomorrow and live)

3. busuncle

busuncle Member

Ask about it at work.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And they give you cash, which is just as good as money.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've got the temporary disablity stuff. As long as I wait over a year, it'll pay 70 percent of what I make if I have a baby and take the 12 weeks off that I'm allowed to.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

7. markvid

markvid Guest

My wife had it...when she went on disability for pregnancy, she had Aflac she purchased on her own, and had some income coming in beginning of each month.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The duck? Could be worse...
    [​IMG]

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If you get hurt and miss work, it don't hurt to miss work.

My wife has it, swears by it.

AFLACCCCC! Gilbert Gottfried does duck.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I wanted to dig this thread up.

I will be receiving a nice chunk of change from them in a few months.

If you do not have a shitpot of sick leave (like I do), it would be crazy not to have this.

I think it costs me about $40 a month, but if you cannot afford to be without a salary, or if your health insurance is not the best, it is great.

I have a snapped ankle right now, and it will keep me down for about 6-8 weeks. I already had 66.5 days of sick leave built up plus another 60 days of sick bank, so the AFLAC check will just be a bonus.

I'm thinking I will receive about $2,000 for this, and I do not even have the disability. I am regretting that because I think they would have paid me a large, large portion of my salary.

I'll have more details in a month, but I am loving these guys so far.

Heck, I could already have a check in pocket if I needed it, but I am going to wait until the end.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thanks, 93Devil. I think I can make my decision now.

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

My brother has it, and he got a decent chunk of money back when he was injured.

I signed up when they offered it to us last year _ got both the accident policy and the cancer policy. Doesn't cost a whole lot, and I think it's worth it if, God forbid, something happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted