1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone have a Sodastream?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

My wife bought me one for a combined Valentine's Day/birthday gift. The regular syrups the company offers has Splenda, which I can't stand, but their are some natural syrups the company sells that has cane sugar.

Any opinions from those who have one?

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have a Sodastream and went apeshit over it the first few months I owned it. I was also pregnant, so the amount of grapefruit soda I consumed was possibly toxic.

I didn't realize the sodas contained Splenda until you mentioned it. The only insight I might have is that the root beer and ginger ale flavors tasted like squirrel shit. Everything else was pretty good, but I definitely overdid it. Haven't broken the machine out in quite a while.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I really like the root beer. One thing I've found is that just going to the fill line in the cap for the amount of syrup might not be the way to go. I put a little extra in the root beer, a little less in cola. You got to play around a little bit.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

You know what, the root beer was good. It was the cola that sucked.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yes. Totally agree with Jake. You have to experiment with syrup levels. I tend to pour more syrup for pretty much every flavor, but I like things extra sweet. Like me.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Also, follow the instructions. DO NOT put the syrup in before you pump up the water. I wound up with root beer on the ceiling when I did that.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

8. dooley_womack1

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I was wondering who would call me on that statement first. I'm a nice fucking person!

10. dooley_womack1

You really had to wonder? And I had higher hopes for the fun with the quote function

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I looked at their marketing and financials for a research project.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I found a company in Pittsburgh that sells syrups. I bought a sampler pack of several flavors and will have to see if they're decent.

Draft saved Draft deleted