1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone excited about the new Kindles?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's not terrible.

Let me ask a dumb question. Can you put iTunes on a non-Apple pad? I just got my new smartphone and I was wondering the same thing about it.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Itunes works with my daughter's android cel phone so I imagine it is compatable with tablets as well.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You can't put iTunes on a non-iPad tablet. There are other music players out there and you can transfer most of the music, as long as it's not in an .m4p format.

4. Mizzougrad96

I just got an Android phone, so I'll have to look into how to put that on it...

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Check out Doubletwist, or you can upload your music to the Amazon Cloud Drive or Google Music to stream from your phone.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't know. From what I've read, comparing the Kindle Fire is like comparing a Hyundai Accent and a Mercedes Benz.

Yes, they both have four wheels and get you where you want to go but the similarities end there.

At some point I'm going to get me an iPad.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Do it. Now

8. Mizzougrad96

I drive a Hyundai. My laptop was $500. I can't justify paying more than that for an iPad. A friend just got the top of the line iPad and after buying a case, he was pretty close to $900.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

But which would you rather do, save some money or invest in a product that's actually going to be relevant for a long time? The Fire will be good for books, just like the old ones are, but will almost definitely not receive the third party support from developers needed to survive.

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. There are already over 20,000 apps on Amazon's market, with more being added daily. Plus, it's been leaked that there have already been 250,000 pre-orders of the Kindle Fire as of today, and projections are that it well sell 3 million in the holiday season.

Translation: there will be plenty sold for third-party app developers to be interested.

11. Mizzougrad96

The good news: I'm getting one for Christmas.
    The bad news: I have to wait until Christmas to get one.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh

Draft saved Draft deleted