1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone ever had a deep tissue massage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stupid, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

I had one today and I'm sore as hell right now. I didn't realize the masseuse specialized in deep tissue when I made the appt. She's upstairs from the accupuncturist where I take my wife so I figured getting a massage would be a better way to spend the hour rather than flipping through holistic healing publications in the lobby.

The masseuse claimed I had some significant knots in my back (which I'm sure I do considering the time I spend at the computer) but at times it felt like she was about to separate my shoulder.

Anyone ever had one of these deals and is it supposed to hurt for hours afterward?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Take an advil and drink Gatorade.. everything will fall where its supposed to...
    Remember, it hurts so good...

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have had them before.  I was always sick the entire night, and sore the rest of the day, but in the morning, I felt A-MAZING.

Oh, and drink a lot of water. It will flush your system of the toxins in the oils.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Slappy, you beat me to it.

Lots and lots of fluids today and tomorrow.

Don't be surprised if there's brusing tomorrow and if you're sore for a few days. But continued massage is really good for your body and those pesky knots. Also good for circulation.

I'm jealous you got a massage!

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Hurts so good is right. My last girlfriend gave them to me about once a week. Damn I miss her.

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

I came home and felt pretty bad. I had a headache and felt queasy. But I took some Advil and felt better but my neck and back still hurt like hell.

7. Oooh, yes, I feel you pain.

Spouse took me away one weekend for my birthday and got me one of those at the resort. At the time, we didn't know that a deep tissue was too intense for most people's needs. Come to find out afterwards that deep tissue massages, while they sound appealing, are really more for, ironically for this board of sportjournalists, athletes after intense training. The basic, general, normal, for every day people massage is the Swedish massage.

After my deep tissue massage, it hurt pretty bad for the rest of the night. Slappy is right about the fuids and Advil. I hurt a bit (not nearly as bad) the next day, and was all better by the following day.

Just remember, the massage you likely want the next time is the Swedish massage.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

And don't forget to inquire about the happy ending.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

You rikey, rikey!

10. Stupid

Stupid Member

Well, the masseuse was pretty hot.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

i need me one of those

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Jerry Rice got caught in a brothel sting years ago and he said the place had been recommended to him for deep tissue massage. I've never been able to take that term seriously since.

Draft saved Draft deleted