1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone ever had a day at work this bad?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. If it's bullshit they had to have prop monitors and stuff because he threw them at a couple women.

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Oh and one other thing. . .we're out of coffee.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The woman he threw the first monitor at seemed to have a cut on her head. The whole time, one of the other women was tending to her. She got absolutely crushed by that thing.
    I think most of the people in the office were probably trying to stay the hell out of the guy's way. The actual rampage lasts about 2 1/2 minutes, so you figure the first 30-45 seconds nobody knows what's happening. The next 30-45 seconds, everybody is getting away to see if he'll snap out of it -- and because he had a weapon at that point. The last minute or so, he's up on the desk. People start to realize he's completely lost it and are either trying to snap him back to reality or looking for a way to subdue him.
    So the reactions seem about right to me.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical. I can't believe someone, or more likely a group of someones, didn't rush this guy earlier.

Especially the first two guys--the one hit on the head and then the one pushed out of his chair. Do they respond back? No, they bolt. Meanwhile, the lady who gets hit full force with the monitor stays there the whole time.

And how about what I presume is the boss's office in back? Dude's running for cover and closing the door any time he gets near.

If this is legit, the men in that office should be ashamed.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree with that.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think it's legit and I agree too.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

MOAR with audio!!!

http://www.break.com/index/office-worker-meltdown-second-angle.html

8. I vote fake. It makes me even more suspicious that the original video is "corroborated" by a cell phone video. Maybe a viral marketing attempt, something like that.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably an ad for Red Bull or something.

"Kids, you need this kind of over-the-top energy to stand out in the corporate world!"

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sounds like Russian to me.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ditto.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The one guy who took the light stand away from him and shoved him back on the desk did quite well for himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted