1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Ever Done A Time Capsule?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I once did a woman who may as well have been a time capsule, does that count?

I keep a box from the turn of the millennium that includes as many newspapers as I could put my hands on, the program from the black-tie ball I was at, the champagne bottle I was drinking from when the clock turned, and a VHS tape of the awesome ABC News series that day of the turn of the millennium throughout the world.

Every freakin' time we move, my wife has to confront me on why I need to keep this box. I don't get why she doesn't get it. So few people live to see a millennium change. I know my artifacts aren't much now, but in 20 years I hope my children will think they're cool.

(BTW, cool idea, Pete. I would have loved it if my parents had done that.)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ehh. no big deal. Once you've seen the first you've seen them all. [/spnited]

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the 25th anniversary cd of thriller. everybody loves that thing. :D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Better than the 20th anniverary of Full Moon Fever. That album sucked!

Oh relax Tomas I'm kidding. I know the 20th anniversary isn't until next year. :D :D :D

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're going to give the poor guy a heart attack. Won't you please think of the Heartbreakers?

6. Well, this has taken a nasty turn.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

kick michael jackson once where his balls are supposed to be and byh brings the hate and brings it hard.

i sometimes wonder if hack really isn't webster.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

9. WHERE DID THE SENTIMENTALITY GO?

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Floppy disks, geez ... now, when you speak of "floppy disks," are you speaking of the little disks that came in lots of different colors and slid neatly into the A:\ drive of your Windows 95 machines, or are you speaking of the TRUE floppy disks, the 5 1/4-inch monstrosities that actually were indeed "floppy," and could (with some effort) placed into either the A:\ or B:\ drive of your green-screen IBM?

I have one of those in my desk drawer. If I had a 5 1/4-inch disk drive, I could probably still retrieve BLACKBOOK.EXE, the address-book database I wrote in BASIC in my high school computing class.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

What kind of video camera do you have? Maybe record something to whatever format it uses and toss that in. Bonus points if you don't have the medium to watch it in 18 years.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The latter, sir. I drew the original Oregon Trail game I played when I was 7 years old. Not the one I own today (on CD).

Draft saved Draft deleted