1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else think this is good punishment?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Sep 28, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Somehow, I don't mind the inmates doing this to him.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GIRL_SLAIN_TATOO?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=home.htm

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I googled it

[​IMG]

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I saw that story too . . . I like how they're not sure if the girl's cousin, also an inmate there, had anything to do with it.

I'm sure that guy's time in prison will be nice and quiet.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Quality penmanship

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You think, at this particular point in the man's life, he might be looking at the big sleep as a preferable option?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's a dude who'll be growing some bangs.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I just hope they don't let him have laser surgery to remove it. :mad:

&#%@ scumbag!

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

I will agree there is a sense of cosmic justice here. Child molesters are always a target in prison, because even hardened criminals are offended by having to live with such scum.

However, when you think about it, there is a problem because you can't have inmates running the institution. I remember reading a story where somebody asked a police official that if mob guys bumped each other off, so long as nobody else got killed it might be a good thing and why should the cops bother trying to keep them from killing each other off.

The police official said something like "If you let that happen, some people will get the idea that the rules don't apply any longer."

9. markvid

markvid Guest

You're right, Gold, but when a child is involved?
    Different set of rules.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, mark, we're simply talking vigilante justice here.

If there was ever a situation where it sounded good, this would be it.

But little good ever comes out of vigilante justice.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Agreed, Shottie.
    I just don't know why, but when a child is involved, I'm not necessarily opposed to looking the other way.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, if he does get laser surgery, the taxpayers of Indiana will be footing the bill for it. Count on it.

I'm actually surprised the guy wasn't in PC to begin with, given his crime. Normally those lifeforms are segregated from the word go.

Draft saved Draft deleted