1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else not into fantasy football?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

It's like being an ex-smoker. I used to be a league commissioner. Now I can't stand the smell. I went out and did a 104-mile charity bike ride yesterday instead of sitting around all day worrying about Carson Palmer's or Peyton Manning's passing yards. But as someone else said, whatever floats your shorts.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Nobody gives a shit about you not liking fantasy football.

3. I've played for years, but I've been in a league for three that is the best Fantasy league I've ever been involved with. Fourteen teams, $100 buy-in, $5 a trade and $10 a pickup. Largest championship check ever given out was just over $1500 two years ago (last year's winner got $1400).

I imposed a rule on myself when I started that if it got to the point to where I was rooting against my team for Fantasy purposes, I would quit and never play again. Never done it. Plaxico Burress was on my team (last week, since traded) and I got pissed all three times he scored on the Cowboys.

Fantasy definitely increases your league-wide knowledge and keeps you focused.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Now that was funny...

5. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

i don't think he meant any harm by asking that question.
    like the original poster, i too, am not into the fantasy football nor any other fantasy sports.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

It was a joke related to another poster who is known around these parts for his disdain for fantasy football.

7. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

oh OK. as you can see i'm just a noob/lurker here.

Draft saved Draft deleted