1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone else cover Madden '08?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhody31, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

From what I was told by the GameStop guy, Halo is the only other game they have scheduled midnight releases for. NCAA isnt popular enough.

In addition, Halo and GTA aren't sports games. I'll let news handle those.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

NCAA got a midnight release. GTA hasn't gotten one scheduled because it was pushed back to spring.

And what exactly is the story with Madden 08? Dozens of Tinytown residents line up outside GameStop for the 93rd version of the most popular sports video game on the market. Madden 08 promises another rookie class, new uniforms for the Arizona Cardinals and the ability to change toilet flush settings in the stadium bathrooms. Does it really count as an event any more? There's more snot-nosed mistakes in line for Santa Claus than for Madden, but other than a cheesy standalone or two, that's all it (should) get.

3. NCAA got a midnight release at stores in my city as did Madden (I was there for that one).

At my campus paper a few years back, we did reviews of the football games, but that was about it. I kind of wish we'd had done more considering our audience.

Draft saved Draft deleted