1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone cover the New York Liberty?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Brookerton, Jul 12, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd agree with you on certain teams there (and I KNOW you know what team in particular I'm talking about), but this is the freaking Liberty, which is not by any stretch of the imagination a marquee team. The WNBA is a niche sport and most niche sports are good about welcoming any and all attention they can get. I'm sorry, but they're not that much further up the chain than independent league baseball.

The only decent experience I ever had witih MSG PR was for a niche team...the old Arena Football team that played at the Garden. I was writing a silly ass filler preview for some publication and the PR guy had, no exaggeration, eight people call my house for interviews. I was like, hell, it's only 800 words, stop calling me.

So MSG can be decent with a niche team. Of course, they probably think the Liberty are their flagship franchise. Then again, they might be.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

This would be a good time for the original poster to provide an update on this adventure.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

C'mon! The Rangers made the playoffs, unlike the Knicks and the Liberty will miss the playoffs. Clearly, the Rangers are MSG's flagship franchise! ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted