1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone cover the New York Liberty?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Brookerton, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

I'm doing a story on local player that plays for the Liberty. I've already talked to the player, but I was hoping to talk to either the head coach or an assistant coach and the player she plays behind.
    Anyways, I'm having trouble getting in touch with the Liberty's media relations person to set up the coach/player interview. If anyone has a phone number or can help me, I would appreciate it.

2. Look on their web site and call every single number on the contacts page. Someone will be able to put you in touch with them. A reporter at my paper tried to get a hold of a local player who is on an NFL roster and it took four days for them to get back with them. Just keep calling. It's the freaking WNBA, they need all the press they can get.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's also Madison Square Garden, whose idea of media relations is to take a giant cleveland steamer on you and ask why you didn't come prepared with toilet paper.

4. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

Good luck with that.
    Madison Square Garden/New York Liberty staff are the most uncooperative people I have ever dealt with. They seem to think being assholes is a great way to promote a product nobody gives a crap about.
    BYH sums it up about right. Nicely done.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yet again, I'm driven the Urban Dictionary, where I learn something.

6. Jeter

Jeter Guest

I wouldn't worry too much about it, nobody is gonna read it anyway.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Always nice to see trolls delete themselves early on. Saves us so much trouble.

8. sportsed

sportsed Guest

The Urban Dictionary?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The low-level staffers will be helpful. The higher-ups will slap you in the face with your own dick and ask you how you liked it.

10. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

eloquent (sp) description...

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I dunno, I was kinda looking forward to seeing a superstar like Derek Jeter grace our board with more posts.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sometimes the level of help you get corresponds to the amount of clout you have. It's a harsh and pragmatic world, especially in New York.

Draft saved Draft deleted