1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone catch Cowherd's show?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Apr 5, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

gimme a shout and i'll help out with this beatdown...

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I dunno, McNugs ... inflicting JT upon us is a pretty good reason ...

3. Interesting to contrast Cowherd's pompous "I don't do history" with what Wilbon said on Patrick after Dennis Johnson's death, that if the kids out there don't know who someone of another era is, it's our job to tell them why he was important

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I've been driving Mr. Lugs' car lately, and Mr. Lugs has XM in his car. Since I don't have a channel guide handy, and I can't be fiddling with the damn thing while driving, I usually just keep it on whatever he had it on -- which for the past few weeks has been ESPN Radio.

Now help me out with this one.

Yesterday I also caught a snippet of Cowherd's show. He was talking about Steve Swindal and the divorce. And his point was, "The only reason he lost his job was the divorce. It's not like Swindal's a bad guy. It's not like he's a drunk."

And he was going on and on and on about this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Swindal get a DUI?

I wanted so badly to e-mail Cowherd about this, but then I'd have to call myself an actual "listener" of his show. It felt losery, so I just went about my day.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As you listened could you hear your IQ dropping?

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

In addition, he's talking about a week-old story.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Forgive the caps...

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A POLARIZING BLOWHARD TO BE SUCCESSFUL ON THE RADIO!

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh, he's not that bad. He's actually funny sometimes.

He was talking about real estate last week, and he had some great points about how we Americans are always wanting these big houses. He's right. It's ridiculous. I almost like him better when he's not talking about sports.

He's made me laugh a time or two. But if you're going to go on and on and on and on about a guy you don't know being a good guy and not a drunk, you should probably do your homework first.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Lugs nails it. The guy does have his good moments ... and usually they're when he's not talking about sports.

And Armchair, you might be overestimating all our IQs. ;)

10. Congrats to the Big Lead on all the traffic.

Oh and ease up on Cowherd. I understand he was going to do something on Eddie Robinson but his producers wouldn't let him pretend the tribute he printed off the web from some fan's blog was his own. So he was left empty handed.

11. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

"I am not a journalist, I am an entertainer-- and I'm damn proud of it."

Good to know.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Heh-heh. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted