1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone catch Cowherd's show?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm all about fellowship.

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

And, in fact, it seems to have worked. If you really wanted to read the The Big Lead today, you might have to wait a bit.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey, I listen to Cowherd too (although not to the first hour now that Mister Tony is back on XM).

But I DO find myself staring at the radio quite often and saying out loud, "What an ass you are."

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That Alpha male clown is still on the air?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is off topic but Mrs. Armchair saw Tony on TV the other day and asked me why he always looks like a hobo.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeahhhh. If I have the car without the XM, it's the only sports talk on the drive home. But I just CAN'T listen to him. I want to punch the radio.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hey Shotglass, I TAKE MORE PHONE CALLS A NIGHT THAN ANY OTHER SHOW!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! MY YANKEES WON AGAIN!!!!!!!

I wanna punch Jim Rome in the face for bringing us that bullshit artist

8. Eric Wynalda has an idea you might share.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why did Cowherd send his listeners there?

10. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

The Turd is the kind of fellow who buys the best, most immaculate house in your neighborhood, moves in, and within two years, the house looks run down, the yard is full of weeds, and junk cars are on blocks in the driveway.

That's what he's done to the time slot formerly occupied by Mr. TK. But, hey, if ESPN likes that demographic, more power to them.

I listen to Tony Bruno now when I'm in the car at that time. I'd never dreamed of doing that when TK was on the air.

11. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

That's why you want to punch Jim Rome in the face? I can think of plenty of better reasons to punch Jim Rome in the face -- of course there is never a bad reason to punch Jim Rome in the face. It just seems like for all the wrongs Rome has committed on the world, JT Talk ranks lower on the list than most.

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

He has enough listeners to crash the Big Lead? I'm shocked.

Draft saved Draft deleted