1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody worried about hearing loss?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Batman, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Being on the preps beat doesn't allow for too many noise issues in my neck of the woods (depending on how many shrieking high school girls are sitting near you).
    But I definitely have toned down on the loud music in the car. Only a few years ago I would blast it windows up or windows down. I'm at least smart enough now to only blast it with the windows up so it disipates (sp?) just a little bit.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

HH, you might be interested in this:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=695168

Not saying it's a feasible solution, but it's at least worth reading to know there are some options out there.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

"... highly experimental treatment that entailed removing part of the skull ..."

Aye, carumba!

That said, I was interested to read this:

"It's a pioneering treatment being tried for tinnitus as well as major depression in people who repeatedly have failed conventional therapies."

In addition to the pain in the ears noise, I have battled major depression for a number of years now.

Thanks, Norm, you may have struck a chord (pun slightly intended).

4. Norman Stansfield

Happy to help. Good luck in your quest for help in both areas.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've already lost my sense of smell (about 15 years ago). I now can't read without reading glasses (that's been going on for three years). I was in a bar tonight with a couple friends and if there is music in the background I can't follow the conversation.

I'm just freakin' old. And I'm only 47. At least I could taste the Bacardi Gold and Coke.

6. Norman Stansfield

Hm?

Draft saved Draft deleted