1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody watch "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I watched last night's episode on DVR and a women had to be the stupidest game-show contestant I've ever seen.

The question: If Jacob stands on Spencer's shoulders, he is two and one half (2.5) yards high. How many feet high are they?

Her Answer: 78 feet

She also said during the question that there are "352 feet in one yard" and she said it very seriously. How can an adult not know how many feet there are in a yard? My third grader knew that.
    <a href="
    ">
    And, of course, there is a You Tube video of her.</a>

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I enjoy the show.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I want to cry.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

This and "1 vs.100" are a couple of shows (and there aren't that many) that my entire family enjoys watching. We have fun watching it together, particularly when my third grader knows the answer and the adult contestant doesn't. :)

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Don't watch it cause I am afraid I wouldn't Be ;)

6. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

I watched the same episode. It may have been the first reality-type show I've watched since about the fifth episode of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."

I may start watching "Fifth Grader" on a regular basis because Miss 352 made me laugh my ass off. Working for Gannett knocked about 2 points a year off my IQ, but watching this show on a regular basis will help my self-esteem.

352? Geeeeez.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

After the performance of many people (yes, including me) in the U.S. Open pool on SportsJournalists.com, there's a whole new crop of contestants lining up for this show.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a few issues with the show... The first is that it's completely stolen from Howard Stern, who was doing almost an identical show 10-15 years ago...

The other is the questions... I was watching a show the other day and under "First grade spelling" the word was "Condemnation"

Now, it's been 27 years since I was in first grade, but we had spelling words like "balloon"

Under "second-grade geography" there was a question about the Erie Canal... What are you fucking kidding me?

I must admit though a week or so ago I watched a high school teacher go up there and then missed three of the first four questions before being eliminated... I laughed my ass off...

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm waiting for Are You Smarter Than A First Grader. I figure I can handle that.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hell, I'd do better on Jeopardy than I would on this show...

11. That HAD to be an act, right?
    She thinks she should know about yards because of a chemistry class?
    Nobody this dumb could live to be that age. She would have forgotten to eat for a week and died.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Love the show. But I think the Dumbest Contestant Ever has to go to the woman who thinks an elephant is bigger than the moon.

Draft saved Draft deleted