1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody seen Qyntel Woods?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 9, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Former (2002) first-round draft pick by Portland, had a cup of coffee in Miami and then played a surprising (49, I think) number of games last season for the Knicks. Anybody got any idea where he is now?

2. It turned out that trying to land a starting role was too much of a dogfight for Qyntel.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Zing!

4. HejiraHenry

Lotta help. Thanks.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

No. However, a Google search turned up this brilliance:
    http://www.hard-wood.org/?p=6
    Thank you Al Gore, for inventing the interweb

6. The Basement

The Basement Member

Mustard kind of beat me to it ... i'd say check out some dog fighting rings ::)

7. HejiraHenry

That's more like it!

8. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

He is among a number of players who is sitting out and hoping for a contract. Unlike the old days when players who got cut or didn't get a new contract would grab the first job available, many of these guys have a couple of seasons making big money under their belts. They won't deign to play in the D-League or the CBA, and some won't even discuss a 10-day contract. They want a guaranteed contract, even a minimum one.

My guess is he sits the whole year and is back in the NBA next year. He's got a pretty bad rep to live down.

Draft saved Draft deleted