1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anybody play cribbage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Sep 1, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Whenever I go home to see the folks, my dad and a cribbage board are like a dog greeting you at the door with the food bowl in its mouth...
    No one around here plays.

2. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

It was a college staple — and that was actually just a few years ago. We'd play at a favorite bar. Teams, usually. Sometimes, if we had too many people to play teams and all the boards were full, somebody would pull out a Scrabble board and we would take up our own little corner of the bar. I'm sure some people looked at us oddly, but I didn't noticed. Never came close to a 29, though.

That 29 board, however? My girlfriend and I play on that almost daily.

Have been trying to get back into poker lately. So have been playing on FullTilt to get my groove back and whenever I have a pocket 5 and Jack I nearly cream. Then I remember what I'm playing.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My best friend's parents play a couple of games every night. They have boxes upon boxes stacked up in their storage shed of notebooks where they keep score. I think they haven't missed a night of playing at home in like 15 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted