1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody listening closely to MNF broadcast?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 11, 2006.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

With legs looking like that, Katie should have worn a full-length dress.

[​IMG]

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Vermeil and Jaworski are delivering the goods so far.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I totally agree. Great back and forth. Nessler is top-notch.

4. joe

joe Active Member

I saw it here first: Everybody's the same height with their ankles behind their ears.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I just caught bits and pieces of the first half as I was fixing dinner. A couple of things jumped out at me:

Didn't see the first Vikes drive where they scored the TD, but after break Theismann broke down a play where Brad Johnson threw the ball away when he couldn't find anyone open. Yeah, it was a smart play, but was that the only play that they find to break down when it was a long TD drive?

As the second half opened, Theismann kept talking about how the Vikings were the team that was probably more happy with their first-half performance, and Tony went on to say that since they were leading, the Redskins were probably the team that was more happy with their performance. And he said it in his best "Are you that fucking stupid?" tone of voice.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Son of a bitch stole my line...

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Just heard from the Chargers-Raiders announcers: California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger will join them in the booth shortly.

Can't wait to hear what happens if Luis Castillo makes a big play.
    "Oh, that looks like a hot-blooded player. Is he Cuban or Puerto Rican?"

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The good news is, Washington isn't on the MNF schedule the rest of the way, so we won't be subjected to another Theismann home game. But Green Bay is on twice, weeks 4 and 12. I'm really counting on TK to inject some reality into what will be an unbearable three-hour soliloquy on the greatness of Brett Favre.

9. Gov. Arnold was a fricking embarrassment.....

His comments about Art Shell and how great the Raiders are...Wow... Californians must be proud to have a governor so glib and coherent...

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd like to know if the networks will ever realize the point of diminishing returns they've reached in bringing celebrities into the football booth. They turn off a hell of a lot more people than they entertain.

11. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

I would rather seeing Jaws and the Coach in the booth besides TK and Theistard (I also like that one) ... Jaws actuallys knos what the hell he's talking about on the field because he watches enough film to know both teams ... and the Coach adds great comments unlike Theistard's verbal BMs

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That goes double for political figures.

Draft saved Draft deleted