1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody listening closely to MNF broadcast?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It sounded like he was flaunting being in the "in" crowd with the daughter comment... didn't catch all of it, though.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Good point. It sounded like John Jensen hadn't even heard of some of those guys. Obviously that's not true but he's not a great speaker.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Earlier, Theistard was losing his voice. Tony K. should have been on that like a page designer on a giant numeral. But he wasn't.

EDIT: As soon as I wrote that, Theistard said Smoot just talks to hear himself talk. I guess the expert has spoken.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I liked TK's line "As a sports writer, you make a living second-guessing people."

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I love how Brad Johnson throws a ball near the end zone that had the trajectory of a Ray Guy punt which was very luckily for him not intercepted, as Thiesmann rightfully pointed out.

A few plays later he throws a touchdown pass and Thiesmann says, "He hasn't made a bad decision or a bad throw all night."

Dumb fuck.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hey, did anyone know that Brad Childress said "you have to be ready to bloody someone's nose and you have to be able to run out the clock"?

I am going to be hearing that in nightmares for days...

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've noticed that hardly any commentators (especially old quarterbacks) can ever resist the temptation to power-fellate any quarterback, that is, ANY QUARTERBACK, with more than about three seasons into the league, without going into a creamy gooey jizz-spurting fit about their "veteran experience and savvy."

Christ, if Joey Harringon, in his fourth season in the league, gets into a Miami game, no doubt they'll go into hysteria raving about his "crafty veteran wisdom" and his "seasoned experience."

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

But only because the east has Joe Theisman. I like TK's work. But Theisman is an arrogant prick.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

My back is to the screen and the volume is all the way down. Ideal conditions for getting through a Theisman broadcast.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I thought maybe I just imagined that little 180. I guess not.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweet L. Ron Hubbard, could they show Tom Cruise with Dan Snyder a few more times? Jerry Jones is going to get jealous that another owner is getting that much facetime.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

With Jaworski.

Oh... Ronnie.

Draft saved Draft deleted