1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody Interested in Dating One of My Friends?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

There's no other way to do this than come right out and say it. I have 3 fabulous friends who I cannot believe are single.

Let me begin by saying that I've always been the kind of person with friends of all ages. I'm in my 30's-- y'all know that.

Friend #1. Age: 27. Location: NYC area. British. Brunette. Freckles (lots) and curly hair. Killer body. 5'9". Mr. Lugs describes her as "average looks until you know her for about a week, then pretty." If you're a sucker for the Brits, you'll like her because she has that classic English reserve but does like to go out. Very smart.

Friend #2. Age: 50. Location: Charlotte. Looks early 40s. Blonde, Scandinavian look. Short hair. 2 grown kids. Very pretty and soft look. Nice figure, slender. I think she would want to date somebody 48-59.

Friend #3. Age: 45. Location: Manhattan. VERY pretty, petite blonde. Jewish, but probably open to dating outside her religion. Lawyer (real estate). One of the smartest people I know. Fashionable. Just a very sociable, warm person.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

DAMN YOU LUGNUTS.

could you not have said "female friends?" you had me at friend No. 1 until you said "describes her."

Jeebus.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Oh my god.

4. Lugnuts

;D ;D My bad.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

sjmatch.com?

And if ever a thread deserved this saying, it's gotta be this one: TTIWWOP

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Yes, because if I had female friends in need of a date, I know the first place I'd go is an Internet forum for grown children who work in a declining industry. I say that as a proud member.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"My name is George Costanza. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

FDP:

Several months ago I started a thread about a social experiment. I was looking for a date for my friend, who is amazing but was having trouble meeting men in NYC. A friend on here wrote me about a friend of his, we matched them up, and they're in a serious relationship as we speak, off to some escape for the new year.

Don't knock it.

9. Lugnuts

The thing is, I actually like (some of) you people. I've met some wonderful people here... but it's hard for me to convince a real estate lawyer she needs to spend time here.

Pictures? Not until you've been vetted. Sorry.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

So that's what that was. I figured, but I was curious.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Luggy,

Let me check with my wife and get back with you.

12. Lugnuts

Ha! ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted