1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody have a Christmas birthday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 18, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Terry Bradshaw Wretch?

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

My oldest step-daughter's birthday is on Christmas, and she hates it. I have made a point all these years to not wrap her birthday present in Christmas paper. I also make a point to never place it under the tree.

However, it also means that we get to have birthday cake with Christmas dinner.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Two of (former Prime Minister) Pierre Trudeau's sons were born on Christmas Day.

One wag commented, "Not even God managed that".

4. newgrad2008

newgrad2008 New Member

A friend has a 12/26 birthday. We just party twice. We usually have a big Christmas party when we're home on break and then the day after Christmas we celebrate his birthday. It's not optimal, but he enjoys both celebrations, so why shouldn't we?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you kidding, I'm already buying him/her outfits ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You know, having met your wife, I'm even MORE confused now how you two ended up together.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jimmy Buffett is a Christmas birthday.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Looks like winner, winner chicken dinner for Jimmy Joe or Jimmie Jo.

9. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

A friend of mine has a Nov. 30 -- NOVEMBER -- birthday, and he's complained about getting combo Christmas-Birthday gifts.
    That's crap, to me. Everyone else gets a birthday present; those stuck with sucky holiday-time birthdays should too.

Congrats, btw, Inky.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'm Dec. 18 and had a friend growing up who had Dec. 25.

Your immediate family and friends understand and are usually pretty good about separating the two. It's the other folks - aunts, grandparents, cousins - who do the one-card-for-both crap. That's what pisses you off.

That said, I tend to look forward to that time of year more than most for the obvious reasons.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That seems like a fine name to me. Wonder why she doesn't like it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife was born Dec. 24 and my college roommate was born Dec. 26. My roomie says he always got two different parties, two different sets of gifts, etc.

My wife grew up with Christmas and her birthday being merged into one party (she was raised by Jewish parents who didn't practice that or any other religion, yet they couldn't really have a Christmas party for fear of upsetting the grandparents). And as often as she mutters about my mother, even she has to admit that my mom has always given her separate birthday and Christmas cards and gifts. Every Christmas, when we go to my parents house, my mom calls my wife into the dining room and gives her her birthday card and presents, long before we do the whole Christmas gift-opening thing.

Of course, my mom's got some experience with people trying to merge birthday and Christmas into one gift: My sister--as well as my mom's sister--were each born born Dec. 14 and my mom never liked it when people tried to merge the two together. She thinks both days should be celebrated equally. And that's why my mom rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted