1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody else headed out to HP 6 tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 14, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dead. To. Me. I am in the theater. Woo hoo.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

My teen daughter is making the ultimate sacrifice, doing something nice for her friend in terms of waiting until her friend gets home from vacation so they can see it together. Won't be until next week.
    All in my family have re-read HP6 over the past month in preparation for the movie and Sunday night there was a 15-minute preview on, I think, one of the HBO channels. We watched that and my kid said, "Epic."

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I didn't end up going last night. She actually did say I could go at the last minute, but it turns out I'm old and can't stay up that late very easily.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

The wife is going in for the 11:15 am showing. I'm not into it, but my sister took the day off from work.

I hope it's worth it for them.

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

My daughter works at our local theater and said that they were getting in line at 3PM for the midnight show yesterday. She said some were dressed up. It was 104 here yesterday so that could not have been comfortable.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

People. Are. Idiots.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We all more or less make our living on the interests of people who take fandom too seriously.

Rick
    (Who wouldn't stand in line for 9 hours to see the movie, but has many other stories of obsessive HP fandom in his past)

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I drove 200 miles for a Pat Benatar concert in 1981.

I wrote a fake concert preview to land three close seats to an Olivia Newton-John concert in 1982. (Every bit as ingenious as it was unethical, I must say)

That is the beginning and end of my obsessive fandom behavior.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, well, whatever.

And it was really, really good, except for the muppets up front who insisted on screaming any time anything remotely romantic happened.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The biggest cheers (and the biggest boos) were for the Twilight preview. Several hundred teenage girls shrieking never fails to leave me deaf momentarily.

The flick had a lot of funny moments in it, which kind of balances out the death at the end of it. Helena Bonham Carter just looks like she has soooo much fun with her character.

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Which movie franchise is worst about this, HP, Star Trek or Star Wars?

Draft saved Draft deleted