1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any tax experts in the house?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Aug 9, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

New job involves some scary math and I want to see how close I am before I begin freaking out.

Please PM if you can handle 18 worksheets and estimated taxes and self-employment taxes and all that jazz.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is why we kept Amy, right?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's not why we kept her, but she does corporate stuff moreso than personal stuff. I think.

4. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Oh oh. Should I try explaining my deficiencies in math and throw myself on the mercy of the members of SportsJournalists.com or should I just packup my keyboard and slink off into the night?

IJAG - you are right that I don't do individual tax stuff (or even have anything to do with putting numbers on tax returns as my employer does know my math deficiencies) but at least I don't freak out at the Internal Revenue Code and know people who know individual tax stuff. I sent you an email. In the meantime, take deep breaths.

Draft saved Draft deleted