1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any small college football fans out there

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bastage! I never went 0-fer. Yes, there were a couple of 1-fers, but it's that damnable bonus points BS that screws me up. I'll see those bonus points on an underdog and get suckered into picking it. Damn the bonus points. I will now mock you in sonnet (Italian form)...

Damn thee, Jay Farrar, picker of D-3 football games
    How dare you mock me, winner of your cash in the March Madness pool?
    Oblong spheroids with bonus points are your forte, in basketball you look a fool!
    Enjoy your ill-gotten gains ... if you have no shame

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yep ... going to get that put on a t-shirt.
    Brilliant!

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Delta State's my pick.
    I covered the program when it won its first-ever Gulf South Conference title in the late 90s.
    Go Fighting Okra !!

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I-AA: Montana over App. State in the final

DII: Northwest Missouri State over Grand Valley

DIII Mount Union over Wis.-Whitewater

I saw Whitewater play Mary Hardin-Baylor in October in Texas. UWW ran the opening kickoff back 90 some yards for a touchdown and won 7-3. One of the best defensive battles I've seen in awhile at any level.

However, Mount Union, accoring to a friend who has seen them, is "Oh My God" good. This is possibly the best team they've had there since they started owning Division III.

5. GFav44

GFav44 Member

www.d3football.com

Good website on D3 football

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My picks, for what they're worth.

Montana. For the love of god, don't pick against Montana at home.

Appy State.

Grand Valley State. Loaded.

UWW -- they knocked out the Tommies, IIRC, and anyone who does that is pretty solid.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Johnnies, not Tommies.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Told you.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The UMASS RB looked pretty damn good tonight. Now Go Penguins!

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

He did indeed.
    I was at the bar cheering as hard as I could against Montana, especially knowing Sportschick was rooting for the Grizzlies.
    All I know is, as a Washington State fan, it was about time someone besides Cougars fans had to suffer throuh Josh Fucking Swogger throwing awful interceptions. Way to go Josh!

11. KP

KP Active Member

Don't forget his fumble for the safety when he should have airmailed it to the Montana sideline when he first got away.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And his final interception on what should have been either: A. a throw downfield that only his WR could have caught, or 2. a throw out of bounds.
    Instead Swogger threw it short and it was picked off, as though he threw it to the DB.
    Way to go Josh, it was almost like you were back in the Apple Cup pissing away a game against the awful UW.

Draft saved Draft deleted