1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any SJ.com survival leagues? Any openings left?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 6, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We will lose at least two more players to attrition this week, as:

playthrough
    30-foot surge of STFU

neglected to make picks.

New England was the most popular pick, and they are holding up their end nicely.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Doc dodged a hell of a bullet along with anyone else who picked Baltimore.

I think it's interesting that last year, I picked pretty much the entire season with everyone else...in the majority, I mean. This is the second week in a row that I'm the only person who picked my team (Denver this week)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's go Panthers!

This is two straight weeks I've ridden (huh huh) the whomever-is-playing-the-Falcons bandwagon.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

If Jerious Norwood gets loose for the Falcs, it might be fatal for Carolina.

Me, I stayed in the same NFC division for my pick this week.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

At the beginning of the season, I was going to ride the coattails of whoever was playing Tampa Bay.. sure glad I didn't stick with that plan.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Honestly, I looked at a bunch of different games this week, but, when it was time to pick, I played it safe with New England.

The surest way to end your survivor season is to get greedy. You see a game that's a lock, you take it. There will be plenty of time later, IMHO, to pick whoever's playing Atlanta. And the longer you stay alive, the more information you gather, allowing you to make better picks.

Just my thoughts, anyway. Looks like most people are going to make it through this week.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I want to save my big picks like Indy, NE, Chicago for later dates/times.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Which is the surest way to lose, darling. ;)

Oh, and the brass balls award of the week goes to TSP, who picked Kansas City(!) to beat Minnesota.

Can't go wrong picking against the Vikings, but clicking that Chiefs button took serious stones.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

He's not the TSP for nothing!!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The TSP? Isn't that kinda redundant?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fuck Jacksonville.. That is all. :)

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What did I tell you?

spup is in serious trouble, and Atlanta can take out four people with a win.

Two others have New Orleans on Monday night.

Everyone else survives and advances.

Draft saved Draft deleted