1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any schools give out free bowl tickets?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Actually, OSU already has established it travels well to bowls. That's why it got picked ahead of Kansas State and Kansas for the Independence Bowl, plus these tickets were bought after the bowls were announced.
    I see your point, but I'm saying, I seriously doubt it's Boone. That would be very out of character for him. It's already know it's one person who bought this block of them, so he would gain nothing out of being anonymous.
    If it were him, he'd be parading it as one more thing Boone did to help OSU with his billions of dollars.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, the $55 seems outrageous to me, too. i assume the logic goes like this: if you're already spending the money to fly out there and stay, whether the tickets are $120 for your family of four of you or $220 doesn't matter much in that no one will make the decision based on an extra $100.

maybe locals get in cheaper? if i lived in boise why would i possibly spend that much to see miami and nevada? maybe i'd pay it if my hometown team was in it.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

Cal students, even those in the school's big spirit club, have to pay the $55 face for Holiday Bowl tickets.

Draft saved Draft deleted