1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any schools give out free bowl tickets?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Besides Mizzou that is.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I believe Rutgers gave students free tickets and helped pay for transportation and lodging expenses when it made the Insight Bowl one year ago. Some guy on late-night sports radio mentioned it once during the Rutgers hysteria this season, but I never actually read any stories about it.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Free? You going to El Paso?

I never heard about any free tix to the Freedom Bowl or whatever during my time in Columbia.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Ohio students are getting free GMAC Bowl tickets.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Free Holiday Bowl tickets in 97 would've been the money.

Damn. I almost wish I was in school again. I miss the lifestyle, not the classes. Enjoy El Paso.

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

I'm not going to El Paso, screw that. I'm going to Colorado for the same price for two weeks. I'll watch the game on CBS.

My friend sold his free tickets for some cash and Tigerboard hates him. It's pretty funny.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you can't find a freebie to the Motor City Bowl, you aren't trying

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just don't give any of the free tickets to the players, you'll destroy their eligibility and get put on probation.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They aren't free to the masses, but Alabama is encouraging fans who want to stay home and track planes on the Interwebs can't make it to Shreveport to donate their tickets for distribution at the military bases in the area.

10. In the same bowl game, someone anonymously bought thousands of Oklahoma State's tickets for the Independence Bowl and gave them to students, faculty and staff. That led to the school becoming the first ever to buy its full allotment of tickets for this bowl.

http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1426&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=718663

11. Simon

Simon Active Member

Hmm...Wonder who that was? Hey! Look...it's Boone Pickens! Think he'll give me a $100 bill if I ask nicely enough?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I thought that was gratitude to the state of Louisiana for taking Les Miles off their hands.

Draft saved Draft deleted