1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any of your papers gotten a hand-written, 20-page Canadian nutjob fax?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Alberta is only a border away from Unabomber country.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, now we know what that wacky former Premier of Alberta. Ralph Klein has been up to since he retired back in '06

[​IMG]

In a country where our politicians (except for the Newfies) are notoriously bland, Klein, an ex-newspaper guy was one of Canada's true characters and in the spirit of Sir John A, a notorious drunk.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

One of our reporters got a call from a guy who must have reading this. Besides Hillary being the man, it claims that George W. Bush and his mother were arrested in 1955 in Saskatchewan by a group of Royal Canadian police that included Steve Forbes, Pat Buchannan and Rupert Murdoch, that a guy who would later be known as Jim Jones was also arrested that day, that Al Gore is Jim Jones' son and, if I heard right, Bono was Jim Jones' driver. And, of course, our paper was insulting the children of the world by ignoring this story that every newspaper and military operation in the country knows is true.

For those of you who chucked it, it's probably funnier to hear it being read on voice mail.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's a Rick Mercer job.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, I know of only one nut job wacko in Alberta and I don't know if she can run a fax machine. ;)

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We ran it in the agate.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

God bless, Ralph. They maintain an honorary Klein stool at the end of the bar at Honey's!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know how the Americans talked about voting for Bush because he's a "guy you'd like to have a beer with"?

I bet Klein has had at least one beer with everyone in Alberta.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The vast right wing conspiracy begins anew!!

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Sadly, I arrived after he started cutting back.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, if anyone actually has it and can fax it to me, I'd love to read it. PM me and I'll give you my fax number.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I would like to have a look at this too...

Sounds like a RCMP investigation that got leaked ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted