1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any marketing majors? (Jimmy Dean sausage customer)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Some consumer geek-a-roid thought this shit up to save money"

... priceless

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Heard this a couple months ago on a morning radio show. Hee-effin-larious.

I especially like it at the end, right after he says he's hanging up but keeps ranting about not being able to feed his family of fatties on the smaller roll of sausage.

3. This reminds me of my first day in Texas. My family moved to Texas when I was 16, and the day we're going to move into our new home, we go into a joint outside of Dallas with a buffet-style breakfast, and as we go through our line and get our food and sit down, there's a rather large Texan, dressed in full Texan gear -- cowboy hat, boots, belt buckle, including the flannel shirt that is fighting a losing battle to hold in the gut that hangs over the belt buckle -- sitting at a corner booth. His son, maybe five years old, is hopping from table to table without ever touching the floor, and while the store manager looks uncomfortable, the guy ignores his kid's behavior and walks up to the buffet, where he peruses his options.

"These your biscuits?" he says.

The manager replies, something I can't hear, but he looks rather sheepish.

"Where you hiding the good biscuits at?" The Texan raises his voice so loud that I distinctly remember his son stopping his game of table leapfrog long enough to stare over at his father. Undeterred, the father goes into a rampage, mostly comprised of "Where's the good biscuits at?" and "These ain't no fuckin' biscuits!"

To this day, I've never had a plate of biscuits and gravy without being sorely tempted to look to the cook and say, "Where you hiding the good biscuits at?" in my best high-pitched, southern drawl.

Draft saved Draft deleted