1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

any good movies latley

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by busdriver, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good call, haven't see that in years. The movies I've seen "latley" aren't exactly new. They've become an October tradition for me as Halloween nears -- "The Crow" and "Sleepy Hollow."

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Little Miss Sunshine (great sidesplitting laughter);

The Departed was fast moving with compelling performances;

Watch The Wire on DVD. Still fun.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Saw "The Prestige" the other night. I really liked it. I guessed one of the twists with ease, but the other one took me for a loop.

Anyone realize Hugh Jackman is *that* ripped?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I liked 'The Prestige.'
    I really liked 'The Departed.' Isn't the final shot an homage to the orginal Hong Kong movie, 'Infernal Affaris'?
    Still have to see 'Marie Antoinette' and 'Running with Scissors.'
    Just watched a Danish movie called 'The Green Butchers' on DVD. Very good.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hugh Jackman is amazing in all ways. That is all.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Let me know what you think of RWS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Augusten Burroughs, but that movie is getting bad reviews and I fear it. I'll likely wait till it comes out on DVD.

But I trust your take on things.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've never read any the guy's work, but the movie looks interesting.
    I'll probably see it Saturday night.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Swimming Pool.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I almost hurled at the last shot in THE DEPARTED. I understand the homage and stuff, but it seemed more like a tip of the hat to Hitchcock more than anything. And the movie didn't need it at all.

I went to the theatre to see STRANGER THAN FICTION, but it was sold out. Caught THE QUEEN instead. Solid, engrossing flick.

10. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

I may go to "Harsh Times" this weekend.

"I'm a soldier of the apocalypse, man!"

I've been on a crime/gangster bender though. I bought the delux "Scarface" this week. First time seen without the TV edit. Fabulous.

And, since I'm kicking off the Christmas season as early as the stores, I watched "Ernest Saves Christmas."

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I will take advantage of another SportsJournalists.com movie thread to say that I've never, ever, ever laughed as hard in a movie as Little Miss Sunshine. I can also understand if people say they don't have the same reaction, but that one stroke my funny bone more directly than anything else ever has. I was honestly worried that my fairly new girlfriend was going to break up with me for hyperventilating in a movie.

12. busdriver

busdriver Member

Just for the record, I never said I could write like any of you, I happen to like this site. And if there is a typo I don't mind the correction but please get of it, The problem is I type like I talk so if there is no , . ? " ' ! : I am sorry. Like I said never said that I was a writer but I am not stupid by any means. Now I don't get offended to easy but the more I get look at like i have two heads the more I want to make the mistake on purpose just to piss all of you off. So can we please just grow up and get on with the post? I only wanted movie ideas so thank you to all who gave them.

Draft saved Draft deleted