1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

any good movies latley

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by busdriver, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'd say she writes like a bus driver, but I wouldn't want to offend bus drivers, so I won't say that.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Obviously, busdriver is a Post-Dispatch reader.....
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/33130/

3. Flash

Flash Guest

For the chicks: Friends With Money.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The Lake House was one of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Flash, thought that looked pretty good. Good enough to plan a gal's night around?

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Absolutely. Popcorn and red wine!! It's like Sex In the City in suburbia ... a little more subdued but way more interesting.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Awesome. The ladies definitely need a dedicated night.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Departed. See it. Love it. Walk out of the theater dropping the f-bomb every other word.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know what's worse, that busdriver is illiterate or that 50 First Dates is her favorite movie...

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Want to learn about what's going on in the world of movies -- and watch the latest trailers? Click on ReelzChannel.com!

OK, gratutious plugs aside...

I saw Borat the other day and it's funnier than Dane Cook but not as funny as Talladega Nights was, IMO. A little of Borat goes a long way, but then again when he hits one, he hits it out of the park.

I thought The Deported was a swing and a miss by Scorsese. The first third sounded like it was written by David Mamet, with cracklin' diaglogue, but then it goes downhill. The very last shot in the film is very controversial here in Hollywood -- Leo was asked about it at a press screening a colleague went to and he responded, "It was fine by me," but most observers found it (the last shot) campy.

I liked The Prestige a lot. Great story, good acting, and it leaves you scratching your head in a positive way when it's all said and done.

Last King of Scotland is the best movie out right now.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

tigervols, what was controversial about the last shot?

mostly i agree with your analysis of it. i saw it on saturday and thought: eh. better than a lot of movies. unpredictable but not implausible, which to me is a huge part of what makes a movie good. terrific acting, which helps. but ultimately it just didn't do it for me.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I would recommend "The Nightmare Before Christmas" re-release in 3-D.

Draft saved Draft deleted