1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

any good movies latley

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by busdriver, Oct 22, 2006.

1. busdriver

busdriver Member

OK hoping for some good movie ideas.
    the last good movie I saw was The Lake House.
    I think everone should have a kiss like that once in their life.
    and A Good Man
    two very good chick flicks
    and of course my fav has to be Fifty First Dates
    that movie has a special meaning to me that I will never forget.
    and I will always remember the ending. And that very special person that made it that way. and for that I say from the bottom of my heart thank you.
    Now before you all go off on me. It was just a great movie night so take it at that. and no I am not being dirty about it. Childern were their, just so you know.
    And before I forget Over The Hedge is a great movie to

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey bussy, not going off on you for your cinematic predilections.

But for the love of God, fix the typos in your post.

3. busdriver

busdriver Member

oh get over it FB.
    just wanting some movie suggestions, is that OK with you.
    So unless you have any, Like I said get over it.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I thought the kiss at the end of The Lake House was quite possibly the most awkward, least appealing kiss in the history of cinema.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'd rather get poked in the eye with a rusty fork than watch any of the movies you mentioned ( ;D) so my suggestions might not carry much weight.

but lately my wife and i have been netflix-ing this documentary series called 'the up series' in which they start by interviewing some british kids at age 7 and then check back in with them every seven years. they are up to age 56 now (it's playing in theaters in major cities, i believe). we've only seen the first two so far and have age 21 waiting to be watched, so if you're interested in documentaries this is compelling stuff.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I absolutely love Netflix. It's genius.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Both Netflix and the Up Series are fantastic. You can add "49 Up" to your queue now; it's actually coming out on DVD in November

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

9. busdriver

busdriver Member

I will have to try it I am a sucker for documentaries thank you

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I know you're just in this thread for movie recommendations, but a couple of punctuation marks would go a long way to building goodwill around here.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think that what yur saying is trew but I don't expect much too chance she just wants the reccomendations thank you very much

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted