1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any education questions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Dec 17, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The kids I thought of right away were/are not ADD or ADHD, but those two do make it a little bit more difficult to sit still for a 1-2 hour pencil and paper test.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I think a lot of the problems with test taking comes from children just being taught to memorize the stuff covered, not to actually learn and understand it.

3. 93Devil

[​IMG]

http://www.biology.lsu.edu/heydrjay/Bloom's%20Taxonomy.gif

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who finds humor in the idea of a center for academic excellence in Louisiana?

On a more serious note, I remember many teachers from my youth who never asked their students to move above that first level, and damn few who ever went past the third level.

5. 93Devil

The Louisiana school just had the nicest image on the google image search.

I honestly do not know what school in the country is considered the best or of the best for education.

Heck, I got my elem ed degree from Slimy Stone in Pennsylvania.

6. outofplace

I just couln't resist the Louisiana joke. The schools there are consistently terrible, though at the college level, LSU and Tulane both have some excellent programs.

7. 93Devil

Tough to play poker when you get dealt 7 and 3 unsuited. When other areas get pocket bullets.

8. outofplace

Oh, I know it's not all their fault that it is rough down there. Things were screwed up in that state even before Katrina.

9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

What are your thoughts on Summer camps, the parents in particular.

10. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

93, post the PM you sent me. No need to keep anything off the board.

11. 93Devil

I posted it on the summer camps thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted