1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ants take over world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, cut off his head, legs come looking for you.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Some science lab most be working overtime because I heard some crazy shit like earthworms are not indigenous to the United States.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

"Porcaline"?

4. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

John Goodman's finest hour ...

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For a movie that's essentially about giant nuclear ants fucking our shit up, it is surprisingly good from a qualitative standpoint as far as movies in general are concerned, and is unquestionably one of the greatest 50s sci-fi movies.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Who's the joke now, bitch!?"

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Fuck yes there's way more of them than us. I bet there's 50,000 on my property alone.

We have since gotten an exterminator and taken care of it, but when we first moved in to our house, I woke up in the middle of the night covered in ants one night. Probably about 75 on my shoulders and chest.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

From Wikianswers:

According to the ant experts at Fascinations, the makers of the AntWorks ant habitats, it is estimated that there are over 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants currently alive today. According to the numbering system used in the United States, that is 10,000 Trillion or 10 Quadrillion ants!

Looked at another way, some sources claim that all of the ants living today would weigh more than the combined weight of all the humans living today.

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Crap, there's 10 quadrillion ants in the walls of my house. I am convinced that if you stripped the outsides off all the homes in Florida, they would remain standing because of all the ants in the walls.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Ants are weird. One summer we went on vacation and accidentally left the freezer door open, maybe just an inch. Came home a week later and there must have been a billion frozen ants in there.

11. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

...and I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"The next video was sent in by Geurgud Gardner from Baden-Baden. Here they have come across the body of a tramp, which in itself is not so disturbing. Until it is turned over to reveal... ANTS! ANTS! ANTS!"

Draft saved Draft deleted