1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Thug Program Gets Its Just Deserts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Princeton beat Harvard 31-28 yesterday. The winning score came two plays after Harvard safety Danial Tanner was flagged for taunting after an incompletion.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

And last week, Dartmouth and Holy Cross players got into it during postgame handshakes.
    Damn Ivy League is becoming a thug league!

BTW: Rutgers 7-0, Princeton 6-0.
    Jersey football roolz. :eek:

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There's hope for John Swofford after all ... now the Atlantic Coast Conference can drop Miami, and go after Dartmouth or Princeton. Makes sense, eh? ::)

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Scarlet Knights are starting to win me over.

(Never mind that my college frat rules there. The Jersey love is soaking in by osmosis at my deep-in-the-hearta' gaff.)

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Take their scholarships away

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hey, Rutgers is a better geographical fit for the ACC than Miami!

8. Sam Mills 51

Geographic among other things ... athletic department image ... pick others.

Miami's a nice private school with a strong academic reputation. Shame the football program continues to drag the school's image into the muck.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And Rutgers is a good-sized State school with a fine academic reputation whose football program finally is getting out of the muck.

10. Sam Mills 51

Feel free to sell this idea to John Swofford, S-P. Of course, bring plenty of money and be willing to listen to lots of BS out of his office in Greensboro.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

We'll just send Tony Soprano (RU alum) to talk to Swofford ... that should do it.

12. Sam Mills 51

Works for me ... have Tony bring friends to help twist Swofford's arm. While you're at it, tell Miami to take a hike.

Draft saved Draft deleted