1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another teacher gets caught - with tons of facebook goodness

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, May 9, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

From the article:
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/may/06/crime-report-arlington-high-teacher-charged-having/

Hopkins described her relationship status as “complicated” on her Facebook page. Describing her job, she wrote, “Teaching high school students what not to do or how to do it without getting caught. :)” — ending it with a smiley face.

The teacher’s Facebook page lists a favorite quote about finding the right guy. “Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, Who will stay awake just to watch you sleep ...”

Describing herself on Facebook, she wrote: “Chances are if i meet you and you don’t like me i’m probably not to (sic) fond of you either.”

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, it can be kind of complicated to be in a relationship with just one high school student "without getting caught," much less two.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

One of those occasions where she looks better in her mug shot than in the other photo.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

People who describe relationships as "complicated" need to DIAF. Either they're hiding something or they're too stupid to articulate the fact that they're fucking someone on the side.

This teacher is a rare bird. She was stupid and could articulate her stupidity. The winners? Us!

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

She was a wellness teacher. Seems pretty dedicated to the job.....

And busted because an ex-boyfriend blew the whistle.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

OK, I was thinking about this yesterday: For all these teachers who get charged for hooking up with the kids, why doesn't the U.S. just build its own prison full of just sexually-oriented (desperate?) teachers who do this? Seems like a new story every day...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Would think there'd be no shortage of people applying to serve as guards at that place.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yes, except they would all need job permits, because they'd be 16 and 17 years old.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

And what if you're neither.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And for god sakes, don't build it anywhere near a high school....

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Future Coach Bieste here[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

That relationship status button is just asking for trouble. One of my nephews went from "in a relationship" to "it's complicated" to "single" within the space of about six hours earlier this year.

Welcome to high school, kid.

Draft saved Draft deleted