1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another take on Floyd Landis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.cbass.com/FloydLandis.htm

Bear in mind this guy is not a journalist, so take that into account when you read some of this stuff, but according to the experts that this guy cites, it's not the open-and-shut case many of us think it is.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Lake Superior is vast. My apathy for this case is vast-, uh, er, vaster?

That's how much I don't give a shit, I had to bastardize a word to fully express my don'tgiveashitness.

See I did it again.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Always assume the worst about everybody, and you'll rarely be disappointed. ;)

I assume Landis doped. I assume all other TdF riders do too, especially Lance Armstrong.

I assume the results were leaked/fabricated as part of a conspiracy, possibly intentional and possibly simply a coincidence of incompetence between WADA, as fascistic an organization as exists in sports, Dick Pound, its own personal junior-Goebbels, and the Euro press obsessed with taking down any American who succeeds in a traditionally European sporting event.

In other words, everybody is guilty. EVERYBODY.

And I assume, above all else, that nobody really gives a fuck any more.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Somebody in a glass office must have pissed in your cubicle this week. You're even more negative than usual. ;)

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yo, time to change the coda kitties' text.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Starman,

Just so you know. I used performance-enhancing drugs to help me post this reply.

7. Starman

I assumed you did. ;)

In fact, I think I'll go roid up myself. :D :D

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Starman:

Make sure to roid up before you tell your staff how to put out a paper "the right way." :D :D :D

9. dooley_womack1

Yeah, he's going to put out a paper at taxpayer expense.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I feel so much better now that I told you that. It's like a giant weight coming off my chest.

11. dooley_womack1

Free-Hack, we're not here to talk about the past.

12. Starman

Yeah. We're going to concentrate on the fundamentals. I'm sure my veteran experience, leadership and hard-boiled savvy will inspire them to give a 110% effort. :p :p

Draft saved Draft deleted