1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another school question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Feb 13, 2015.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I also was worried because if I go straight to the teacher, who has demonstrated a definite lack of clear and rational thinking, that my daughter could face some blowback from it all.

She still could, but if it's handled by the teachers' bosses, who are phenomenal and run one of the best-performing districts in the state, I'm thinking one of the messages from them to the teacher will be not to retaliate.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is not a ridiculous complaint.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I would go through her Instagram account and print out the offensive posts/pics, send them to the principal and copy the district superintendent and maybe the school board.

It's amazing how different the reaction that you get is when they know their bosses are aware of the situation.

I don't even think there is room for interpretation on this one. If she's posting kids' school work on her social media accounts and being critical of it, she should be fired immediately.

Can you imagine being a kid and seeing your work on your teacher's Instagram account where she's going off on how dumb you are?

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

In the e-mail, I included links to all of the posts that I found offensive - namely the homework, the hating school, bitching about kids who don't understand the concepts, and the assault rifle and stuff like that.

And honestly, if they just sit her down, explain what the problem is, tell her to change the settings to private and move on, it's good from my end. If it was my kid whose homework was being ridiculed, it would be another story.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that is bad enough that you go straight to the principal. How does a teacher fix that? How do you trust a teacher who shows so little concern for her students and such poor judgement?

6. RecoveringJournalist

You'd be surprised how often it happens on social media. Maybe not as bad as this, but it gets pretty bad.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Uh, I would copy, print out and/or screenshot everything you can before the teacher locks down access to her accounts. And copy as quickly as possible now that the authorities have been notified. Hurry!

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Seriously, Dick? This is a major deal. Get her in trouble? Tough shit. Don't be such a fucking bitch, then. But I also would be interested to see the woman in the bikini we're dealing with here.

9. RecoveringJournalist

I would also consider sending this information to the paper and/or TV stations.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Let's not get carried away. Let the school handle it. But if they don't ...

11. RecoveringJournalist

Right... If you're not satisfied with the response, then go to the media. I'm guessing the media would be interested.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know. I'm projecting.
    Agreed. I withdrew the questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted