1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Sandy Hook hoaxer video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Apparently, there is another Sandy Hook Hoax movie out called "We need to talk about Sandy Hook."
    I'm not going to link to it here. It's 2 1/2 hours long and I don't think anyone needs to watch it to know it's a piece of shit.
    Sure enough my conspiracy theory friend posts it. He points out how it shows that many of the "alleged" victims' parents were involved in gun control causes before the shooting and some of them worked in jobs where they would have financially benefitted from it. Some were also actors. Adam Lanza's DNA was nowhere at the scene, etc.
    All of that is irrelevant and proves nothing.
    My friend said "please don't comment on it unless you watch it."
    I didn't watch it. I don't need to watch it. Nobody needs to watch it. And I commented anyway.
    He smugly replied "Watch it first."
    No, I won't. I told him he needs to stop posting shit that attacks the victims' families.
    He also said nobody died and that no parent who lost a kid could possibly laugh or smile shortly afterward.
    Again, he's wrong and I'm right and he needs to admit that.
    How can I win this argument?
    Why can't he let me win?
    Do I really need to watch shit like that to comment on it?
    And is there really anything suspicious about this guy's behavior here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMINqFGNr-w&feature=youtu.be

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I just hope there weren't any stories shortly after the shooting that were written by Sabrina Rubin Erdely.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Conspiracy theories represent a flaw in human cognition. Once they've gripped the mind, you can't possibly convince that person they are wrong. The Backfire Effect trumps any evidence you could put forth.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Get a new friend.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If nobody died, then where did 27 people suddenly disappear to?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's all you got? Smells like a 57-mph fastball, champ. :p

7. Smallpotatoes

Can somebody please tell me why Robbie Parker's behavior in that video is suspicious?
    Why it's OK to even examine that part of the story?
    Shouldn't people in his situation be off limits?

8. PW2

PW2 Member

Like Jackie?

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Those kids weren't killed. They were taken by Malaysian Air 370 to fly straight up into outer space to the spaceship behind Hailey's Comet where Tupac lives. Your friend gives conspiracy theorists a bad name.

10. Smallpotatoes

Who's Jackie?

11. PW2

PW2 Member

The University of Virginia rape fabulist that we were admonished was off limits by many.

I find the Sandy Hook truthers despicable, too. But you stated a general principle that certain people are "off limits." I disagree with that general principle.

12. Smallpotatoes

So you don't think it's unreasonable to look at that video of Robbie Parker and wonder if he might be taking his daughter's death just a little too well?
    Because I think out of respect for Parker, you don't go there. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted