1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason to like Mark Bittman

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Dec 16, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

One of my favourite food writers. His blog is intertaining and his minamlist recipes are terrific. .

And he does all this cooking in a 6 ' x 7' kitchen

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/weekinreview/14bittman.html

And of course, he got the "How can you possibly cook in a space that small?" reader responses.

No calls came from chefs, either, or from fellow food writers. They, too, know that when it comes to kitchens, size and equipment don’t count nearly as much as devotion, passion, common sense and, of course, experience. To pretend otherwise — to spend tens of thousands of dollars or more on a kitchen before learning how to cook, as is sadly common — is to fall into the same kind of silly consumerism that leads people to believe that an expensive gym membership will get them into shape or the right bed will improve their sex life. As runners run and writers write, cooks cook, under pretty much any circumstance.

And I'll add to that, buying a $250.00 hockey stick for your beer league games.

2. maberger

maberger Member

yeah, but have you noticed his videos are in some other kitchen?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

New York Times test kitchen, maybe? I'm kinda assuming they have one.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

...has never been in my kitchen.

/obligatory

Draft saved Draft deleted