1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Reason To Crawl Over Broken Glass In MO/TN/NJ . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

With Frist going on his doomed mission, it's likely John Kyl, the Arizona idiot, will be named
    Senate GOP leader.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You sure about this?

All indications I've heard is that Mitch McConnell, the current GOP whip, will assume the top spot.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wow. Another bargain.

How can you take sides?

4. Ben - just out of curiousity - could you suck a long brown curley doodie out of my ass?

Most useless thread ever.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It would, however, give Frist more time to devote to his video diagnosis clinic.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Mitch at least doesn't kow-tow to extremists on the flag burning issue. Of course, his First Amendment argument also carries over to campaign funding, which leads to all sorts of other issues.

The Herald-Leader recently produced a very good series about Kentucky's senior statesman.

Here's a link to check it out: http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/special_packages/mcconnell/

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not even close, Chrissy. Milk and cookies for you, soon, then nap time.

Might even be Ted Stevens, the Bridge-To-Nowhere Poster Boy . . .

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

No fucking way. Stevens would have zero interest in herding cats when he can keep his job of delivering pork to Siberia.

Everything I have seen is that McConnell will get the job -- and I like his views on the First Amendment

Draft saved Draft deleted