1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another question for the Fenian gang

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Call a meeting Ace and try to figure it out.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Thirty-six posts, minus my half-dozen or so, and the rabid hatred of Christianity is so intense that it even gets the original thread misinterpreted as a religious takeover of America.

Hilarious. And to think I was leaning toward some democrats in next week's election. Thanks for setting me straight.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Perhaps we'll sort it all out at the Wednesday Night Tent Revival.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am not sure anyone who posts here is even running for office, Yawner.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I'm afraid, friend, that I'm more or less stuck on the fairer gender.

Though I have been looking to expiriment a bit.

So if you're up for a little mutual knob-polishing, shoot me a PM. We can put on some Pet Shop Boys, dust off the nipple clamps and play a rousing game of "What's That In My Anus?"

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Hey assclown... why don't you go back and see where I typed in the words "I hate Christianity." R-e-a-d s-l-o-w-l-y if it helps.

If I hated Christianity, why did I marry a Christian woman who follows the teachings a hell of a lot better than you?

Quit while you're behind. You're embarrassing yourself.

7. I put it to the rest of the lads:
    http://www.lyricsdownload.com/irish-folksongs-the-bold-fenian-men-lyrics.html

They all think you're a foof.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dude, that only works if you play Bronski Beat.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

10. Well said.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

To the Yawn-bashers here (and, I'm sure, soon to be bashing me) I ask the following simple questions, and would like to receive straight answers, if possible, without insults, which may be even less possible for some of you (like spnited, who can't seem to discuss anything with anybody with a differing opinion, without calling them a douchebag.

Here goes. All are yes or no questions:

1. Do you deny there are more Muslim theocracies than any other religion?

2. Do you deny Islam wants more people to worship their way?

3. Do you deny a small minority of Islamic extremists has and will continue to use violence to spread their religious beliefs, or attempt to eradicate those who don't hold their beliefs, or force them at gun or knife point to convert? (And please answer this question without making reference to the Crusades, shooting abortion doctors, Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. If you jump on me for bringing up the past sins of Bill Clinton or Ted Kennedy in response to GOP transgressions, you're logically forbidden from doing the same thing for this issue ... besides, the comparison isn't valid because of the current extremes of behavior among Muslim extremists -- thousands killed, as opposed to a handful of abortionists).

Simple questions. But I'm sure you'll turn it around into me hating all Muslims (which I don't) or painting all Muslims with the same brush (which I don't).

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

1. I don't know. Could be.

2. Sure. Don't most religions?

3. Sure seems likely.

If your plan of action is to root out the crazies then, good for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted