1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another piece of legislation that addresses the issue of teen pregnancy...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 25, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Never said it would. But that doesn't mean the option should be ignored entirely, which is what I see happening.

The problem with this "don't suggest abstinence" plan is there are teens who would abstain if they didn't have shit from morons coming at them from every direction. The idiots who want to have unprotected sex at 15 can keep right on doing it, but they shouldn't drag down everyone else because they are brainless dipshits who can't take responsibility for their actions.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't think the sexual predator argument enters into this, but this is a case where I veer away from liberals and toward conservatives. If you're 14 years old, I don't see any problem with parental notification for abortions.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I call hypocrite on this post. When you were a teen you would have been PISSED if anyone suggested your 14-year-old girlfriend SHOULDN'T have sex with you. :D

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Hey, it's alleyallen with a tiny attempt at humor. Nice try, though.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey, it's DyePack failing to appreciate what was a joke and not a dig. You're an asshole, though.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No, I figured it was a joke, but since I'm saying 14-year-olds shouldn't have sex, it sort of goes against the grain.

And -- you suck, alleyallen. You suck.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

So what about the teenager - regardless if she's 14 or 19 - who lives in South Dakota? Or Utah? They have to travel across state lines for an abortion.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I suck what?

And you know what. You really are a troll. I'm done with you.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I guess she should think about that before she has unprotected sex, shouldn't she?

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And, because it takes two, the teenage boy she's having sex with should also think about that.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sort of my point.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Cadet, didn't you know that teenage American girls get pregnant through immaculate conception?

Oops, and before Diepack misunderstands ... <sarcasm font>

Draft saved Draft deleted