1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another one bites the dust

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Oct 6, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nice call on KC's, Jim. You can never take the Jersey out of the kid.

Good luck with the new career.

2. Jim_Carty

Jim_Carty Member

Ever been the Carnival Spot pizza in Pequannock, spnited? Only blocks from KC's and like heaven.

And thanks for the good wishes. Truly appreciated.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Never been... might have to try it if I'm up that way.

4. Darren Urban

Darren Urban New Member

Wow, I've looked at this board for a long time and never posted and now I've hit it twice in a week (http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/62010/). Anyway, I have the pleasure of working with Jim once upon a time in Flagstaff. We were at the same place for all of 10 weeks or so 15 years ago. Yet I formed a friendship with Jim, which just goes to what kind of guy he is.

I consider Jim a good friend and good journalist, a man whom I trusted to be one of the few people to bounce off possible career decisions. I got out of newspapers a little sooner than Jim, and when he called to tell me he was doing the same, I was only slightly surprised. Journalism was always right for Jim and he did it well. He's made the right call for his life and family, but journalism is poorer for it.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

There was a pizza place in Butler across from the town hall which was very, very good. I can't remember the name of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted