1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another nominee for Mom of the Year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Dec 7, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, not really.

Maybe a candidate for Mom most deserving to be beat to death in prison -- a fate I'm equally hopeful her boyfriend meets.

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/116540249112930.xml&coll=2

GADSDEN - A Rainbow City mother helped fake her car's theft Monday to cover up the weekend slaying of her 5-year-old son by her boyfriend, authorities said Tuesday.

The body of Geontae Glass was found about 2 a.m. Tuesday in the trunk of a light blue 1994 Nissan Altima at the boyfriend's house near the town of Mountainboro in Etowah County, said Etowah County Sheriff James Hayes.

Later in the day, the boy's mother, Shalinda Glass, 25, of Rainbow City, was charged with one count of hindering prosecution, said Hayes and Etowah County District Attorney Jimmie Harp. Her boyfriend, Kevin Andre Towles, 31, was charged with one count of capital murder. Both were being held Tuesday night without bond at the Etowah County Jail.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/116540047912950.xml&coll=1

GADSDEN - Etowah County Sheriff James Hayes said Tuesday night authorities believe 5-year-old Geontae Glass died from a beating after he brought home a bad progress report from school Friday.

"That's what the mother told us," he said.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We just had the third baby abandoned in the same almost the same location in three years. Each incident has been almost a year apart.
    First two babies lived. Most recent one was dead.
    A year since samples were sent to determine if previous two babies were related, state crime lab has yet to perform DNA test.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

We had one left in a toilet tank in a gas station bathroom a few months back.

The weirdest part was how it was found. Some lady used the restroom, noticed the toilet wasn't flushing properly and removed the lid of the tank to see what the problem was. Inside was the dead baby.

First, unless I can get the handle with my foot, I ain't touching ANYTHING I don't have to in a gas station bathroom. Second, after I hit the handle with my foot, if that damn thing doesn't start swirling, I ain't pullin' out the Mr. Plumber hat and dissecting the problem.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

A few days ago in Toronto, a mother threw her five-year-old son off an overpass onto the country's busiest freeway, then jumped after him. They both died. :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted