1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Nomination For Mother of The Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 1, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Weed Street. Ha!

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I sure hope that young lady is thinking ahead to a marketable major in these troubled economic times.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh my throw the book at them. 19 year olds drinking, the horror.

How archaic is it that the legal drinking age in the US is still 21.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They aren't throwing the book at the kids. They are throwing the book at the mom, who is old enough to drink but not old enough to know better.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Gladys Kravitz lives.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Where are the FOTY threads?

2 major news items in recent days: Dad throws kid off tour boat into busy harbor... and Dad found who abandoned his 11-year-old son, leaving only a note.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Boom only works the Fairfield County beat.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Now if they found the mother in the closet with one (or two) of her daughter's friends -- now that would've have been a story.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting note at bottom of story:

Disclosure: Meagan Brody is the 19 year old daughter of my long term ex-boyfriend Paul Brody. I have met Avery Underwood on a few occasion with Meagan and Paul in 2010. I was arrested last fall for misdemeanors by the NCPD after I informed them about the fact I was working on a story about New Canaan Wall Street parents supporting underage drinking and the local cops ignoring the problem. While investigating this story I was in a happy and healthy realtionship with Paul Brody. The State has twice offered me a deal to wipe out these charges if I agree to a short term probation with out admitting guilt. I have respectfully declined their offer because I think these issues need to aired in an open court and of course I pleaded not guilty.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This whole thing is awesome.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes it has gotten better. Blogger did not elaborate but she was arrested for looking at Megan Brody's diary without permission and writing a story.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wondered. I didn't realize that talking to the police was a crime -- even in Connecticut.

Draft saved Draft deleted