1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another missing kid in Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Calvin Hobbes, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The brick holding the door open when she arrived in the middle of the night seemed a little too pat for me.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sure seems like it. And this case reminds me of another Florida case from 2005 in a county I once called home. Nine-year-old Jessica Lunsford was abducted from her bedroom and found a few days later in a shallow grave not far from her home, murdered and assaulted by a degenerate 40-something fuckface neighbor who was paroled decades earlier for child molesting. He's now on death row, while the girl's father pushed for a law requiring mandatory minimum sentences plus lifetime monitoring for sex offenders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Lunsford_Act

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes, I agree with you.

Of course, Polly Klaas was taken from her home in the middle of the night.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Sadly true on Klass and Lungsford and Elizabeth Smart and Jon Benet Ramsey...crap now I'm going to put a deadbolt on my daughter's window.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Certainly don't leave the doors open as some of these cases did.

Jesus christ

6. KG

KG Active Member

When I was growing up, while we didn't leave doors open, we always left windows open when the weather was nice (not too hot, not too cold). I never thought about being in any danger, although we did live a few miles from the nearest house.

Draft saved Draft deleted