1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another journalist rages against the machine

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by EnZona, Jun 28, 2007.

1. EnZona

EnZona Member

Not quite sports, but this was too good to pass up. I'm glad someone finally took a real stand, especially after NBC and ABC spent the weekend accusing each other of selling out.

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

Good for Mika. Paris Freaking Hilton is not a news story. Okay, her being in jail belongs on the entertainment page, but plastering it all over every new cast for several days is F---ing stupid! Glad to see someone like Mika thinks there's still a place for journalism in a news cast and not freaking fluff stories!

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Wow, she was starting to become unhinged. That was tremendous of her to rip her producer and everyone for making Paris the lead.

She'll never work in TV again.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Don't watch MSNBC but those 2 males on the set came off like a couple of Geico cave men. Good for her, bad for her career. Maybe she can get the job in Tyler after Anchorwoman is done.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fantastic.

Seriously. I would hire her if I were running a NEWS station.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Mika's fine.

By doing that, she gave the story the coverage MSNBC wanted, in a very creative, edgy manner, wighout being disrespectful.

Made a name for herself.

MSNBC loves that.

7. Have you seen it yet? Good Lord. I lost about 10 points off my IQ after I watched about five minutes.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Good career move by the guy on the left, pawing her.

9. Zeemer

Zeemer Member

She happened to have a lighter, and the director happened to cut to a camera pointed at the shredder? Sorry, but this was completely staged.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

She borrowed a lighter from the guy next to her. Guys tend to carry their lighters in their pockets, since you know, they don't carry purses.

And maybe she said over commercial 'Stop giving me these printouts. I'm not doing the story. I'll shred it." Or maybe they just have 4000 cameras in that studio. Maybe both.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If it turns out to have been planned, they all need to be bitch-slapped for 30 consecutive minutes, on national TV.

If it was real, she's my new hero.

12. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

she said 'we're not going to cover this story'

'cover', in TV, means ripping the wires and showing a picture.
    it doesn't mean actual work or reporting.

they're all stage actors posing as journalists. frauds.

Draft saved Draft deleted