1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another I-tunes question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GuessWho, Dec 4, 2007.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Anyone know if you can transfer an I-tunes account from a Mac Powerbook laptop to a Dell desktop? My place is beginning to take a dim view of everyone downloading music on our work laptops.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Shouldn't be a problem.

3. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Please excuse my stupidity, MacDaddy, but how do I go about doing that? I'm an old codger who still isn't convinced this whole Internet thing is going to catch on. ::)

4. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

The steps you would need to do.

Probably find the files of your library on the MAC and load them into the hard disk portion of your iPod. Then transfer those files onto the Dell, preferably into one folder (iTunes Music - Under My Music is a suggestion).

Then open up iTunes on the Dell. Click on File and "Add Folder to Library". Find the folder where all the music is, double click on it and there you will go.

If you have downloaded any music from iTunes, you will need to log into your Apple Account on the Dell and then you can authorize the iTunes downloads on the Dell.

If you delete your music from the MAC, be sure you deauthorize that computer through iTunes. iTunes downloaded music is available to be played on five computers.

5. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Thanks so much. That's what I needed to know.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If you're able to network your computers together you could also transfer the songs from Mac to Dell that way and bypass the iPod step. Another option is to use an external hard drive; it's typically good to have one for backing up your data anyway.

7. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

May have already been answered elsewhere, but is there anyway to unlock songs so as to change them from an M4P to an MP3?

Draft saved Draft deleted